Meet Dr Bek
Psychologist – Clinical and Forensic; Mediator
A bit about me…
I work with people who want to improve their personal well-being and interactions with others to feel more content and on top of life.
My practical strategies are tailored for clients who describe a feeling of languishing – having a pervasive or acute sense of being discontent or unsatisfied, yet unable to effectively move past it.
I want to help you to find ways to achieve your life goals without feeling you need to compromise your well-being.
30+ years of psychology experience helping busy people develop better skills to address challenges in professional, personal and relationship functioning
Over a decade as a university professor teaching higher degree clinical and forensic psychology students and conducting research into human mind and behaviour
Criminal behaviour analyst with an international and national reputation and a special interest in profiling and treatment of deliberate firesetting
20+ years as a military (uniformed) psychologist in the Australian Defence Force
Common concerns I work with
I can help you with developing better skills to manage:
- Executive fatigue
- Emotional exhaustion
- Responsibility overload
- Poor boundaries
- Financial burnout
- Job boredom / demotivation
- Excessive worry
- Angry outbursts / resentment
- Persistent low mood
- Languishing (feeling “blah” more often than not)
- Low self-esteem
- Lack of self-confidence
- Shame / regret
- Executive / senior manager stress
- Having tough conversations with co-workers
- Job / career ambivalence
- Imposter syndrome
- Soft skills for effective networking
- Work / life balance
- Dating mentoring
- Enrichment (pre-marital, pre-cohabitating, post-cohabitating)
- Coping with elderly parents
- Establishing and maintaining healthy adult friendships
- Relationship therapy (couples, poly)
- Relationship discernment counselling (deciding whether to leave / stay)
- Dealing with infidelity / trust concerns (in / out of a significant relationship)
- Post-relationship revival (adjusting and thriving after the end of a relationship)
- Moving into / out of paid employment
- Post separation / divorce adjustment
- Adjusting to significant medical diagnoses (including end of life concerns)
- Bringing a new baby home (focus on relationship and personal adjustment)
- Empty nesting
- Uncertainty in career / job direction
I want you to live well
People come to see me when they want help to live well. They need to get some traction in managing challenges, developing new skills, or creating strategies for lasting change.
My clients typically are capable, intelligent, problem-solvers. When their usual problem-solving strategies don’t work, they turn to me for new ideas.
I believe that everyone deserves to live a fulfilling life, with the capacity to achieve their dreams and enjoy their relationships. This is why I use a combination of coaching, mentoring and counselling to help you develop practical suggestions for ways you can get unstuck.
Collaboratively, I will work with you to help you create your Life by Design –
where you choose your responsibilities and obligations with a clear sense of values and purpose.
With tools and skills based on over 30 years in the field – working with clients, along with researching and teaching evidenced-based effective strategies – my work resonates with people who are ready for sustainable change.
I work with people aged 18 years and over; offer a safe and inclusive service; and, we are professional and discrete.
Book your session with me. Schedule a time that suits you for our consultation and let’s chat.
Receive the skills and tools you need to help you make significant changes towards living more productively and comfortably.
Get moving and get out of burnout. Start to enjoy your life again, feel more content and tolerant towards others, find your inner enthusiasm and balance, and get unstuck from burnout.
So, book your consultation and, in the meantime, download any of our free offers so you can start now in taking action to achieve a life by design – guided by values, informed by purpose and under-pinned with meaning and connection.